We bet you have already heard about eco-friendly living. In the 21st century, it is difficult to find someone who is not in one of those 2 categories:
- people who believe that living a greener life is easy;
- people who believe that living a greener life is something incredibly difficult to do.
So, which category are you in? And what does it actually mean to live eco-friendly? Trash-free? Plastic-free?
First of all, start with your devices – smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Do you know what materials they are made of? Okay, maybe it is too much for the beginning. But in future try to get to know what smartphones and laptops are considered to be more eco-friendly than others. And by the way, how do you protect your devices from hackers and cybercriminals? If you have no idea what we’re talking about, go to 7 best free VPN services for 2017 – bestvpnrating.com and get a free VPN or a paid VPN for your smartphone. Green hosting is another good option for environment conscious webmasters and online businesses.
The population of our world is growing as well as the consumption of the resources; electricity, heat, and water. As a result, the amount of waste is growing too. It is obvious that the population has something to do to consume and waste less to help the planet. But what? What exactly can you do as a single person? To tell you the truth, you can do a lot to make your daily life a little bit greener, thus helping the planet.
Things to consider:
- Car: Don’t use your car every time you need to go out somewhere. Most people take their cars, even if they need to reach a distance of two miles. Instead, ride a bicycle, go for a walk, use a scooter. But make everything to use your car less. An electric car is a good alternative.
- Gym equipment: Yes, workouts are good for your health. But workouts with special equipment like treadmills and elliptical are not good for the planet as they use a lot of energy. It is better to use your own body weight or weights to exercise on a daily basis. Be healthy and keep the planet healthy.
- Pots and pans: Use pots and pans from cast iron and enamel. They don’t have chemical coverings on them and are easy to take care of and clean. They also hold and distribute heat much better than other materials.
- Refillable water bottles: Forget about plastic bottles. Use refillable water bottles instead. They are not only better for the environment but also very stylish and convenient.
- LED bulb: Use LED bulbs instead of regular ones at home. They are brighter but use 80% less energy than other bulbs. And they last for years.
- Being green is making choices that are better for both your environment and your health. Eco-friendly living is something that everyone can achieve. So, what about you? What does a green life mean to you? Are you ready to change the way you live to help the planet?